I know I am a bit late, but Happy New Year! We had a wonderful holiday, we went home to Illinois and spent the holidays with our families. Santa came and brought Alaina way too many gifts! It was such a busy and fun trip. I was so sad to come back to Virginia!
Allen is back in the full swing of things on the ship. Again Alaina and I are trying to keep busy as Allen is working very long hours and preparing to start going to sea for various sea trials.
We took Alaina to Chuck E. Cheese for the first time. All that money spent, and the only thing she wanted to do was play on the slide in the toddler area that was free! But she had a great time and can't wait to go back.
Alaina is also learning to read. She loves to learn new words, she is very good at sounding them out. You can see it on her face the moment she actually gets it. It is so amazing. We are also working on teaching her to write all her letters. She loves to sit at her tiny table with her big oversized pencil and practice her reading and writing. She is getting so big I can't believe it!
No comments:
Post a Comment